FSB Small Business of the Year 2010

Search This Blog

Tuesday 30 March 2010

Tuesday = Acupuncture Day

Just a quick update today. It has been yet another exciting and varied day at work. Luckily I could snooze through a lot of it, but everyone else was pretty busy. And everyday I learn something new, life is exciting, isn’t it?
Today I was on the way out to have a toilet break and got chatting to one of the other dogs that was in the waiting room, ’Dusty’. He was a lovely old fella and ever so chatty, reminiscing of his younger days. He is a looooot older than me and says his hips have been giving him trouble. Getting up in the morning was getting more difficult and painful for him. Says he has arthritis. After seeing his vet he was given some painkiller tablets (those for dogs) and they made him feel better. But, he is now also coming to see one of the other vets, Richard. Richard has been at Broadlane for a good few years (way before my time!) and he does something called ‘acupuncture’. Apparently the ancient Chinese used this sort of treatment for all sorts of ailments. It works by sticking tiny needles in certain areas all over the body to try and relief pain and muscle tension. Richard is really clever knowing where to put these tiny needles. I am not keen on needles myself, but ‘Dusty’ says they don’t really hurt at all. He gets really quite relaxed during the whole process and looks forward to the relief he gets from it.
Isn’t it crazy that needles can actually make you hurt less?
Oh dear, mom is calling. Does that mean we are going home? Oh boy, that means I am going for a walk. And oh boy oh boy, that means I am getting my dinner soon J
Catch ya all soon, B-boy

No comments:

Post a Comment