FSB Small Business of the Year 2010

Search This Blog

Monday, 27 August 2012

Radio Snail

Vet Elly was on BBC Radio Coventry & Warwickshire on Sunday, discussing the dangers of using slug/snail pellets around pets. "Metaldehyde" is the toxic ingredient. If eaten, it can can cause neurological signs ranging from twitches and tremors to full-blown convulsions, and can be fatal, even in relatively small quantities. Always seek prompt veterinary attention if you think your pet may have eaten slug/snail pellets, and remember to take the packaging with you so your vet has as much information to go on as possible.

No comments:

Post a comment